Friday, May 23, 2008

First Day of Summer Break

Yesterday was the first day of Summer Break. I spent it in a seminar learning about PF's retirement benefits. I feel really good about things. I'm not in the dark anymore. PF and I had a wonderful lunch together. We returned to the seminar. Around 3 o'clock I left to go to work. It's funny how I tend to understand these things better than PF. He is really smart but he doesn't get this financial stuff. PF needs go through his papers to find and verify there correctness. I told him we would do this together. He didn't get it. I told him that I needed to know where these things are; that I need to know that they are accurate. We started on this last night. In fact I started working on my own financial situation. Even though the seminar was geared towards federal government workers much of the information can be applied to non-feds, too. In fact going through my paper work I've discovered that one of my SS reports has me mixed up with my mother! I have a work history that starts back in the 1940s! My later reports show that someone in SSO figured out that there was a mistake.

Have you noticed. Nothing about the kids. In fact I didn't see the kids from 8 to 8:30PM. They spent the day at my Mom's house. I guess they had a good day. I haven't heard much from them. PF took the kids to the park last night. They had a blast. MI came home with me when I swung by the park offering them all a ride home. DQ, ST and PF all walked home. MI had some quality time together. I was glad for it.

When DQ and ST came home they were hot and itchy. They wanted a shower. So I popped them into the shower. I explained to MI that she isn't as old as her sisters so she needs to get to bed. Bit of a struggle there. Oh well. Lastl night happened so quickly. It's all kind of a haze. This was the first week that I started working evenings. Next week I will only be working evenings from here on out. I'll be spending my days with the girls. I think it's really going to work out well. PF is leary about it but I don't think he needs to. His afraid that the kids are going to get bored. I just want time to be with my girls. They are all growing so fast. There will be time enough for them to have activities/commitments later.

I consider today being the 1st day of summer break. So far things have gone well. The weather isn't the best. We've had some showers. They've found some rolly polies and made a home for them. They are now in the study with me as I write this. They are on the other computer playing the Math-a-thon game. It's funny to watch/listen to them. DQ goes from being helpful to being frustrated. ST who's playing remains calm, cool and collected. I probably should get off and get some work done. I have a ton of laundry do.

No comments: